Friday, May 24, 2013

How About We Just Love Everyone

In recent weeks the semester end. I moved to a new apartment. Started working more hours every week. Got a second "mini" job. Had my carpet replaced. And now I am back to discussing my life on the internet. I am determined to blog more this summer. Maybe something exciting will happen this summer but I highly doubt it. 

I heard a song on the radio a while back that really caught my attention. Not because of the catchy beat but what was being said. Macklemore along with Mary Lambert said exactly what I have been feeling in the song "Same Love."
We live in a world today where discrimination happens. People get hurt because of words people say. Sadly there is violence involved too. I wish we could just live in a world where everyone can have the same rights. Despite race, color, sexual orientation, and gender. I have experienced discrimination and rude comments due to my skin color and I don't want anyone else to feel that way. I'm going to be honest I was one of those people back in high school to say "that's so gay." Surprisingly when I am came to BYU I realized how much that could hurt others. I realized despite how you love you're a person, a person that deserves the same rights as everyone else. I think people deserve to love who they want. 


Recently the Boy Scouts of America lifted their ban on openly gay boys. Let me tell you I am happy that youth boys will all be given the same opportunity if they desire to participate in the organization. No one should be turned away because of who they are in the inside. This is one step closer to being fair to all. 

"Love is patient. Love is kind."

No comments:

Post a Comment