Sunday, April 20, 2014

More Makeup Projects


This past semester I had many opportunities to do various makeup projects through my class but as well on my own. I'm thankful for all those who were willing to help me out and be my models. Well here some of my projects from the couple of months. I hope this summer I am able to do more. I will be a TA for the beginning makeup class this coming spring term which I am very excited for and I will be able to use many of my makeup skills that I have gained over the months. 

One thing that I was able to do this semester was to learn how to apply a bald cap. It was frustrating at first but then I got the hang of it. If I had to do it again I would do it with more confidence. 

 I also got to work on my friend Christina again. This time I got inspiration from Roy Lichtenstein's "Crying Girl". She already a wig and we decided to use it. Also I glued down her eyebrows which was an interesting process.  





One thing I have struggled with this semester has been hair. I'm still not the greatest when it comes to hair updos but I am working on getting better. My friend Elaine has been my model twice for hair and I think the second time around I did a much better job than the first time!
                   (My first attempt)                       (My second attempt)



I wanted to do some other special effects work. I did this beauty of a bullet wound. 


I also did this mess. How fun is that?



Oh airbrush makeup. We didn't start off on the right foot and well I don't like it that much. It's not my favorite type of makeup in the world but at least I can say that I have used an airbrush to apply makeup. Here's what I did. Not my proudest moment but it will do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment