Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Day of Thanks

So today is Thanksgiving. I can blog about how American's do not really know about the true Thanksgiving and how we believe in such myths but I rather not. I rather blog about what I am thankful for and Why I am thankful.

I am currently home in good old Salem Oregon with my wonderful family. I arrived in Portland from Salt Lake City on Monday night. The past two days have been just relaxing and enjoying each other company. I was able Tuesday afternoon to meet me baby nephew Jared! He is the cutest little baby in the world! I was so happy to finally meet him in person. Skype and pictures are not the same. 

At the moment I am waiting for dinner to be ready so I can gobble down all the yummy food! This year like many years int he past we will be having the missionaries from my parents branch over for dinner. Along with them my grandfather should be here but he must still be traveling. My family as well are expecting my aunt and uncle who are probably flying into Portland as I type this. Then tomorrow, well I will just leave at that....

Today a lot of people talk about what they are thankful for because it is Thanksgiving. I just want to say that today should not be the only day out of the year to express how thankful we are for our many blessings. So now the question is what I am thankful for? Oh the list can go on and on. One thing that I am thankful for is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Through the restored gospel I am able to be blessed with so many things. I am thankful for my eternal family. I am thankful I have been given the opportunity to go to a school and for those people who has provided that opportunity financially for me. I am thankful for my friends especially at school who have helped in ways they may not even know. The list can go on and on so how about I do one....
  • Jesus Christ
  • The restored Gospel
  • Family
  • The Atonement 
  • An education
  • Friends
  • A roof over me head- in Utah and in Salem
  • The Priesthood power
  • Food
  • My cozy bed
  • My Shoes
  • My warm coats
  • Music
  • Airplanes - they get me home to my family:)
  • Running water
  • Books
  • My car
  • Trials 
  • My saxophone
  • The ability to touch, smell, hear, and taste
  • Movies
  • TV
  • Love
  • Warm gloves
  • a washer and dryer
  • Marching Band
(I think I will keep on adding when I recognize more things)
Lets not forget all our "little" blessings and take President Eyring's counsel, "It is a challenge to count our blessings because we have a tendency to take good things for granted." 
Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment