Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Starting a blog...letting the cyber world know who I am

So I have decided to start a blog. Who will read I don't know. Maybe someone who needs to hear something I saw will read. Goal for this blog: do at least 3 posts a week. Wish me luck. I also wanted to start this blog because I want to say things but I don't know who to say them too. Then why not tell the whole world?
So I'm in my third week of school and I already want the semester to be over. Isn't that how every college student feels? The past three weeks have consisted of endless ready, two papers, marching band practice that seems to go on forever, and waking up with not enough sleep. Although I was happy that school started up again but I do miss my summer adventures back in Oregon. Utah is for sure a different world than the good old northwest. Utah is just a desert with terrible drivers. I'm not joking. No one uses their blinkers here. Use your effing blinkers! Your car has them for a reason.
There's one thing I just want to get out in the open.....yes I'm a Mormon, Democrat and I support Obama. Lately, especially here in Utah, I feel like I'm a terrible person because of my political views. So what if my not a Republican. Not every Mormon leans toward the conservative side. When it comes to immigration, healthcare, education and taxes I lean towards the Democrat side. So what? Just because Mitt Romney is Mormon and I'm Mormon does not mean I have to vote for him. I simply don't agree with what he has to say.  I personally believe President Obama has done a lot for our country in the past four years and I strongly believe he can do even more in the next four years. From his healthcare plan, increasing the pell grant and helping young immigrants, he has helped a lot of people including me. Okay that is enough of my ranting. We will see what happens election day. As for now I'm done. As my roommate will say "remember who are, make good choices".

No comments:

Post a Comment