Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Makeup Life

I love makeup. I think I made that clear from all the pictures I have posted on Facebook and Twitter. Also my wallet has seen the side affects of this love. Lets not talk about that. Lately I have been trying to practice on more different face shapes, eye shapes and skin tones. Something I was always afraid of was working on lighter skin tones. I have a much darker complexion than my peers and over the years I have practiced makeup for my skin tone. When I began working on other people the thought finding a foundation shade for them made me nervous. Despite my fears I have realized I should not be afraid of foundation color. Silly me. 

In the recent week I have had fun of practicing on some beautiful faces and also improving my special effects makeup. 






I was able to work on my friend Elaine. I had previously worked on her hair for class. That was the first time I worked on someone else's hair. It went okay I guess. This time around I did her hair and makeup. I was going for a glamour look. Something that can be done for a special occasion or just for the heck of it. I used my Stila in the Light Palette. I'm still trying to figure out looks for the eye shadow but I love this look!
Then I worked on my friend Christina. She wanted to learn more about makeup and see what lip color worked for her. I did a very simple matte nude shadow. Nothing to fancy but enough to enhance those beautiful eyes. She picked a red lip color. Doesn't it look amazing on her? 

Later that day I went to Ulta with Christina to find her some makeup products and it took everything inside of me to not buy anything for myself. It was hard but I got through it. ha. But she found some great products for a simple makeup routine.

I was excited to work on my friend Kayla. I did a simple smokey eye on her. I was looking for something as fun but not dramatic. I think it turned out pretty well. 





Well I'm going to continue to have some fun makeup days. If anyone needs a makeup artist for a wedding, student film or anything else let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment