Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: A Year to Remember

So the year 2012 has come to an end and 2013 has began. I just want to take some time to reflect on the past year. I learned a lot of things, had many experiences, and had major changes in my life. 

Something I learned was to remember who I am. During winter semester I had a low point that I wish to never go through again. At one point I just wanted to give up. Feeling alone in a huge university campus is probably one of the worst feelings. I tried to ignore how I was feeling at first but that didn't work. I began reflecting on who I was and what my purpose was. My purpose at school that is. Those thoughts helped me get through the semester thankfully. 

Another major thing of 2012 was letting go of someone in my life. The time finally came and I realized what I wanted in my future. So what did I learn from that? Heartbreak. Sure it hurts at first but in the end you realize you made the right choice. For a long a time I fooled myself. It took some to learn that but I am thankfully I did. It was probably one of the most painful things of the year but it was the one change which taught me a lot. It taught me I could do hard things. It taught me I can do things alone. It taught me I had strength. But most importantly it reminded me of what I really wanted in my future.

2012 was a year I learned about the power of friendship. I made new friends in the past year and also reconnected with old friends. I spent last summer surrounded by my friends and it was by far the best summer so far. Throughout the year when things went sour in my life my friends were there to help me get through it. Especially when I was away from home. 

I learned to take chances and to hope for the best. Sometimes those chances turned out differently than I expected but I learned to move on. Something that I was scared of before was letting myself do things I have never done and well this year I guess I just let myself to the impossible. 

Now the question is what is going to happen in 2013? I'm looking forward to what this year has in store for me. A lot of things could happen but I'm hoping for the best. There are a lot of things I want to do this year and this time I'm going to take more chances. You know live a little. In 2012 there was "YOLO" but this year I'm going to see it as there's only one 2013. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment