Sunday, October 21, 2012

A little respect please?

I was talking to my parents on Skype when all of sudden someone started tapping on my window. I just ignored it but two minutes later my roommate ran into my room yelling and she was holding in her hand a Romney sticker. Apparently some boys from our complex put a sticker on our window where we have 3 Obama posters. My roommate told me she heard the boys laugh when she was taking off the sticker. I was so upset at the fact people can be so rude. We are entitled to our own views and opinions. I should have expected something like this especially living in Utah, aka conservative Mormons everywhere. Just because Mitt Romney is a Mormon does not mean I have to vote for. I lean more on the Democratic side and I support Obama. So please leave your childish acts elsewhere and respect other people's views.  As Jackie Robinson once said, "I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.”

No comments:

Post a Comment