Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Haven't posted in a while...

So I have been horrible at blogging recently. There is so much to say that I don't know where to begin. Well a couple weeks ago on the 29th of September I went to an awesome concert which included Neon Trees, Imagine Dragons and Grouplove (my favorite band). The only thing that sucked about it was the traffic on the way there but we just made it in time to see Imagine Dragons. The concert took place in the heart of Salt Lake City at the Gallivan Center. It was differently a different place than good old Provo. First of all it reminded me of home. Salt Lake City is much more diverse than Provo and I saw more of Oregon there than I have any where else in Utah. Although I did have a hard time breathing from all the smoking. Going to school with all Mormons makes less immune to smoking. Lets just say I was coughing a lot whenever we passed people smoking. 

Last Tuesday, October 9, was such a stressful day due to homecoming and Rocky Mountain. Last week was homecoming here at BYU and being in the marching band doesn't help to the stress level. We had to perform at the opening ceremonies. The first couple of songs went well but when we had to play the Bond Closer of our show that's where it went downhill. People began to play other songs and it was so embarrassing because we didn't know what we were playing. I was just standing there thinking "oh crap". We finally figured it out. I hurried and changed to get to my class. Later we had the Rocky Mountain Invitational for the high schools in Utah. I was sucked into volunteering at the Q & A table but the only questions we were asked were "where are the bathroom" and "where are the programs". The end of the day of a stressful day ended with an amazing performance of James Bond music Our show was basically the bomb. I wish I can post the video but I will as soon as it's posted on YouTube. I remember performing at marching band competitions in high school but performing for a crowd who appreciate marching band feels indescribable. I marched off that feel thinking to myself "I'm such a band geek." 

The week didn't end there. Friday came along and I felt exhausted so I treated myself to mall. Bought myself some new clothes. Whatever I guess. Saturday though was the most exhausting day so far. I'm still sore from it. It was the homecoming football game and the homecoming parade. I woke up with a sore throat and during the parade I couldn't breath. I felt miserable and it didn't also help that I don't like parades at all. I did have fun I guess. How many people can say they were in their college's marching band and was in the homecoming parade? Then there was the football game and it was against Oregon State. I never would have imagined I would be playing Oregon State's fight song but we did during pregame. The cougars did well but the beavers beat them sadly. I do have to say there was a little excitement in my heart because Oregon State is Oregon. And to think I almost went there. 

Today I had two midterms and I am just wiped out. I'm already looking forward to the weekend where I can sleep in and not care for a day. I need a day where I can just recover from the last month and a half. Time has really flown by and to think Thanksgiving is only a month away. Well time to end my bad. And remember as FUN. would say "I'll put one foot in front of the other one".

No comments:

Post a Comment