Friday, October 19, 2012

I Made a Choice

Recently I have been thinking about a decision that I made months ago. It was probably the most painful and hard thing I have done so far in my life. I had to walk away from someone who I cared about. In the end it came down to my beliefs and this person. I had struggled for months to know what to do but I was scared. I knew what it came down to the whole time. When I look back I don't regret my decision. I will say that for the first couple months after I did and I wish I never walked about but now I am happy, loving life and looking toward the future. 

I didn't necessarily make my decision because everyone around was telling my what they thought and trust me they were. I don't want to sound mean toward this person because they were awesome and had a lot of great memories with them but it didn't feel complete or perfect. I guess what I'm saying is that I was trying to convince myself to think it was complete. I was wrong. I shouldn't be with someone who basically tells me to choice between my religion and them. It took more than a year to figure that out.

I saw this on Pinterest the other day: 
I always enjoy reading and hearing Elder Hollands talks. He really gets to the point and to me he seems to really speak to you. I didn't come across this until months after the ordeal but this is basically how I felt. I thought to myself "God will help me" and "I can get through this." There is happiness in store for and there was after. This past summer has been probably the best summer so far. I got to spend it with my friends and strengthen friendships. That was the happiness I had in store at the moment

Now I am happy with choice and it seems they're happy with their choice. We both have moved on. I haven't found anyone else yet but that doesn't mean I'm not happy because at the moment I am happy. I go to an amazing school, part of one of the best marching bands in probably the state of Utah, have amazing roommates, amazing friends and there's a recent  addition to my family, baby Jared! At times do I feel sad? Yes I do but only because I miss the memories with that person. I know there's more in store in my life and I don't want to be sad everyday. I'm looking toward the future or as of right now just drowned in school work. I am just living everyday life as though I won't have the same opportunities tomorrow. As some would say "forget what hurt you in the past but never forget what it taught you."

No comments:

Post a Comment