Monday, October 22, 2012

Just have to take my own advice

Yesterday I went visiting teaching and my companion shared a scripture from Mosiah and I think it's Mosiah 16:9 and it reads "He is the light and the life of the world, yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." We then talked about how we can be a light in the world. We said we could say hello more often and look out for our fellow men. On a personal aspect we could look past the bad and negative things in our life and looked toward the positive and good things. I'm the one who said that too and now I have to take my own advice. 

Sometimes in our lives we get hurt and it can be hard to just forget or get over it. Recently I have felt like this. Instead of feeling sad and mad I'm just going to see the positive in my life. I have to look past it. 

I also have to thank the people in my life who are there for me when I go through crap. This morning my roommate made me breakfast and made my lunch because I mess basically. Last night she heard me complain until I feel asleep. Sometimes we don't understand how blessed we are until we go through trials. Maybe this as well is a lesson for me to remember to be thankful everyday for all the blessings God has given me. Oh I almost forgot about something else! Parking is crazy at school and I was telling my roommate as I was driving into the parking lot that I just wanted to find a spot fast if not I would cry because of last night and parking. She told she would pray to find a parking spot easily. Well the first row I turned into there was a spot! She then proceeded to pray to thank God for answer her prayer. God answers even the littlest of prayers! 

Well that is enough of a ramble for me today. I'm going to keep my chin up and look toward the positive things in my life. As some would say "Everything is going to be alright maybe not today but eventually." 


No comments:

Post a Comment