Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Here comes the commotion....

The US Supreme Court is hearing both sides of Prop 8 now. There is a lot of heated conversations on facebook and twitter. I have heard both sides of the argument especially from those very strong politically right Mormons here in Utah. 

So I'm just going to say my opinion. It's my blog so I can say whatever I want. I support gay marriage. If someone loves a person and wants to be have their relationship legal as in marriage, it's their choice. It's not my choice who they want to spend their life with. I will deal with my own love life (if I had one ha) and they can deal with theirs. I don't want to take away a person's right just because of their sexual orientation. Oh and they should be respected in the same manner as you want to be respected. In the end it's their life and their decisions, not mine. I will just butt out.   

I know not many people will agree with me but it's a time where issues are difficult to understand and side with. I am still seeing where I land on some issues.  

As for me I am not just seeking marriage in my future but a celestial marriage. I see there are two marriages in our world today (from an LDS perspective), civil and celestial marriages. I know in some countries members of the church have to be married civilly before they have a temple marriage/sealing/celestial marriage. A celestial marriage is ordained by God and is done in the House of the Lord through Priesthood power. A civil marriage is done by a person who is licensed to do so. Hey you can go downtown and just get married if you want or go to Vegas.  

For me I know what I need to do to attain a celestial marriage and that is my own personal life. As for someone else's life that is for them to deal with. 

Marriage to some people means a union or legal contract between a man and women who are then husband and wife. Other people see marriage as a legal contract between two people who are committed to each other. I for one see it as civil marriage and celestial marriage. One is ordained by God. The other is done by man. 

But hey that is my opinion and beliefs. You might believe something different and this is totally fine. We are entitled to our own opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment